How to Manually Create a Jira Webhook
Learn how to manually create a Jira Webhook.
In order to complete setting up the 2-Way Jira Integration, a webhook must be created in Jira. Please follow these steps if you prefer setting up the webhook manually from within your Jira instance.
Note: To complete this setup, you will need the API Key provided in the Applause platform while setting up the 2-Way Jira Integration.
Log in to your Jira instance with an admin account.
Press on the gear on the top-right corner and choose “System”.
- Choose “Webhooks” on the left menu (under “Advanced”).
- Click “Create a Webhook”.
- Fill the field as follows:
- Name - “Applause Notification Hook for ” and your product name
- URL - https://bts.applause.com/api/applause/v1/jira?apikey= and type in the API Key provided in the Applause platform when setting up the 2-Way Jira Integration
- Events - Under “Issue”, Check the "Created" and “Updated” options. In the text box, enter a JQL for filtering by your project and issue type. It should be like: “project = YOUR_PROJECT_KEY_HERE & issueType = YOUR_ISSUE_TYPE_HERE”
- Click the “Create” button.
Note: For most of our customers the issue type is “Bug”.
The webhook form should look like: