Marking Issues as Manually Exported to BTS
Learn how to mark issues as Manually Exported to BTS in the platform.
Integrating the Applause platform with your Bug Tracking system (BTS) will boost the efficiency of using test results collected through Applause services. In certain situations, however, such integration is not available. In addition, there may be cases where the integration is indeed properly set up, yet for specific issues you may choose to manually pass them into your BTS.
To help ensure downstream reporting is accurate and consistent, the manual update option will allow you to identify all exported issues, regardless if it was done via the integration or manually.
1. Log in to the Applause platform and navigate to the Issue Report page (within a test cycle context or from a global list).
2. While in the Issue Report page, click on the Actions button and select Mark Manually Exported to BTS.
3. In the opened Manual Export to BTS dialog, set the BTS Issue ID and click Save.
- You can only set a bug as ‘manually exported’ if it wasn’t already exported through the BTS integrations
- The BTS ID entered must be unique for the Product. This is enforced across all exported bugs, manually or automatically
- You can unmark a bug from manually exported (also use this if you need to correct the BTS ID manually entered)
- In cases where the 2-Way Jira Integration is set up and the manually-entered BTS ID is accurate, changes to the bug in Jira will be updated in ITW (Priority, Status, Target Version). Note that the BFV use case will NOT be supported for manually-exported bugs
- Learn more how to integrate the Applause platform with your Bug Tracking System and how to export issues to BTS here