These are instructions how to symbolicate crashes take from the Applause webpanel
This process will take a crash looking like this:-
into something human readable like this :-
One time setup:
1. You need to make sure you have xcode tools installed there’s a guide here.
2. Make sure you set up the “DEVELOPER_DIR” director to point to them
3. Find and create an alias for the Apple symbolicatecrash perl script (included in xcode tools)
find /Applications/Xcode.app -name symbolicatecrash -type f
then create an alias to that since the path is going to be quite long
i.e. (alias symbolicatecrash=’/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DTDeviceKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/symbolicatecrash’)
To symbolicate an individual crash:
1. Go to the crash you’re interested in on the web panel and copy/paste the entire contents into a .crash file (file extension is not mandatory)
2. Find the dSYM file from the build causing the crash (inside the .xcarchive > dSYMs folder)
3. Run the script:
./symbolicatecrash /path/mycrash.crash /path/MyAppName.app.dSYM > symbolicatedcrash.crash
This will create a file called symbolicatedcrash.crash that contains the symbolicated crash.
Crashes from the Simulator
Note that unless you have ensured your dSYM files are build to support the Simulator then this won’t work for crashes sent from the simulator.