Users set up with the appropriate role – Primary Testing Manager – are able to create and remove users from your company’s account in the Applause Platform. Adding users into teams allows you to segregate testing results users will be able to view, based on products managed under the account assigned to the team, thus operates as a view filter. Assigning a team member to particular teams keeps their focus on the projects with which they are directly involved with, and prevents cluttering their display with products and testing they are not involved with.
There are two views you will interact with:
The Teams tab presents the various teams set up under your account, and lists the active users in each team. Note the following:
- A default, mandatory team called “All Users” is set up. Any created user will be automatically part of this team.
- A user may be assigned to as many teams as needed.
In the Teams tab you will be able to perform the following actions:
- Create , edit and discard teams
- Create, edit and disable a teammate (or user)
The Everyone tab presents a flat list of all users set up under your accounts, both active and disabled. In the Everyone tab you will be able to create, edit and disable a teammate (or user).
Viewing the Account Users and Teams
To view your company account’s users and teams:
1. Log in to the Applause Platform and navigate to Account and Settings, then select User Management.
2. The User Management page is displayed, by default on the Teams tab.
3. Click on Everyone to view the Everyone tab.
Adding and Editing Teams
To add a new team:
1. While in the Teams tab, click on New Team.
2. Type in the new team name.
3. Set the role of each of the existing team members (users) in the team. The following role options are available:
- None: Users will not have any role in the team. The user will not be able to view any product assigned to the team, nor their test cycles and reported issues.
- Viewer: Users will have read-only access to test cycles and reported issues of products assigned to the team. The user will be allowed to view and monitor test activity, but prevented from creating (and cloning) new test cycles.
- Collaborator: In addition to the Viewer privileges, users will be allowed to add/edit test cycles of products assigned to the team. The user will be able to create new test cycles, triage bugs, and communicate with testers and the Applause team. Collaborators also receive limited email notifications.
- Owner: In addition to the Collaborator privileges, users will be able to change additional test setups of products assigned to the team, as well as manage other team users. Owners also receive all email notifications by default.
4. Check the products assigned to users of this team. Note that each product can be assigned with a single team.
5. Once done, click Save to save the new team.
Note: you can use the Edit and Discard buttons next to the team name in case changes are needed.
Adding and Editing Users
To add a new user:
1. While in the Teams or Everyone tabs, click on New Teammate.
2. Type in the new user’s name and email address. After setup is completed, the user will be receiving a welcome email to this address. The email will include password set up instructions, thus it is important to enter it accurately here.
3. Check whether the user will be allowed to manage other user accounts and team assignments.
4. Check whether the user will get email notifications.
5. Check whether the user will be allowed into the Automation platform.
6. Set the role for the user on each of the existing teams (None, Viewer, Collaborator or Owner – see above).
7. Once done, click Save to save the new user.
Note: you can use the Edit and Disable options under the Actions button next to the user name in case changes are needed.