You may need to communicate with your Applause team while the test cycle is running to ask testers to provide more information, check in on progress, or clarify testing instructions. You are welcome to connect with your Applause team within the Platform, in secure, private and documented channels. Learn more about your Applause team roles here.
Tester Messenger & My Notes
Tester Messenger & My Notes allow you to communicate with the Applause team in the context of a specific individual issue. This allows you to respond to tester questions and ensure reported issues meet your standards.
Both options are located in the Issue Report page, yet serve slightly different needs:
- Tester Messenger: Message the tester directly if you have any matters to clarify with the way the issue was reported or to answer tester questions about your instructions. Tester Messenger posts are visible to all other testing team members. You (and the tester) will be notified via email when new posts are made to the Tester Messenger.
- My Notes: Message your TTL (Testing Team Lead) while excluding the testers. This can be useful when you want to communicate with the TTL without involving the tester, for instance when discussing issue value and other triage-related matters. Moreover, as the My Notes posts can be included when exporting the issues, you may also use the My Notes channel to log entries you’ll refer to after the export.
Posting In Tester Messenger & My Notes
To post in the Tester Messenger and/or My Notes:
- Log in to the Applause Platform and navigate to the Issue Report of the issue you intend to post in. Learn more about working with issue reports here.
- Both Tester Messenger and My Notes are displayed on the right side of the screen. To post a new content, click New Message or New Note.
- Type in your poste, and click Add.
The Chat is a separate utility accessible through the main navigation bar of the Applause Platform. Through the chat you will be able to communicate with the Applause team in the context of a test cycle. This allows you to send announcements to the entire team, collaborate with multiple testers at once, as well as address specific matters with individual testers. The chat is commonly one of the main communication channels between the TTL and testers, and you are able to take part on those conversations as well.
To access the Chat:
1. Log in to the Applause Platform.
- Your active status for the Chat and well as number of new messages are displayed.
2. Navigate to the Chat.
- The Chat utility opens on a new browser tab.
The Chat utility includes 3 elements:
- Test Cycles and Approved Contacts: List of test cycles you participate in that are set with Chat Room enabled (active, locked and pending) as well as contacts you’re approved to communicating in is displayed on the left side of the screen.
- Chat Rooms: Once a test cycle is selected on the left, list of rooms (announcements, questions) and cycle contacts will be displayed on the right side of the screen. You may select a room to post in, or click + next to a contact to send an conversation request. Both contacts must approve prior to engaging in conversation.
- Chat Conversation: The main screen will show the content of the selected room or conversation. You are able to post to the conversation using the text box on the bottom of the screen.
Other Communication Channels
On top of the in-Platform communication channels, it is quite often to be able to engage with certain functions in your Applause team even outside the Platform, such as email and Slack. These might be a matter of personal taste – as well as your company’s internal processes. Contact your SDM, TA and TE to coordinate access to such channels.