For basic integration information, please see: ‘Integrating With Third-Party Bug Tracking Systems’
Helpful Hint: For easier tracking, create a new user within your user system with Applause in the name. This will help you quickly locate bugs exported from Applause into Pivotal.
After selecting Pivotal for your new connector, you will be presented with a number of fields.
- URL: Configure your web-based access to Pivotal. It’s recommended that the default URL be utilized.
- Token: Case sensitive login credentials for your Pivotal implementation. Can be found on the Pivotal Tracker account profile “API Token” section.
- Project ID: Bugs will be assigned the specified Project ID (not the project name) as a default value. The Project ID can be found by logging into Pivotal Tracker and clicking on the applicable project. The Project ID can be found at the end of the URL string for the project.
For choosing which story type you want exported bugs to create in your Pivotal (i.e. feature, bug, chore, etc.):
1. Click the “Add Field” button.
2. Select “Story Type” in the drop-down.
3. Fill the Story Type field mapping.
NOTE: We do not support two step authentication at this time, only basic authentication.
For information on further customizing your BTS integration, please see: “Working With Bug Tracking System (BTS) Integration Connectors”