In order to complete setting up the 2-Way Jira Integration, a webhook must be created in Jira. Please follow these steps if you prefer setting up the webhook manually from within your Jira instance.
Note: to complete this setup, you will need the API Key provided in the Applause Platform while setting up the 2-Way Jira Integration.
To create the Jira Webhook:
1. Login to your Jira instance with an admin account.
2. Press on the gear on the top-right corner and choose ‘System’.
3. Choose ‘WebHooks’ on the left menu (under ‘Advanced’).
4. Click on ‘Create a WebHook’.
5. Fill the field as follow:
- Name: “Applause Notification Hook for ” and your product name.
- URL: “https://bts.applause.com/api/applause/v1/jira?apikey=” and type in the API Key provided in the Applause Platform when setting up the 2-Way Jira Integration.
- Under “Issue”, Check the ‘Update’ option .In the text box, enter a JQL for filtering by your project and issue type. It should be like: “project = YOUR_PROJECT_KEY_HERE & issueType = YOUR_ISSUE_TYPE_HERE”
For most of our customers the issue type is ‘Bug’.
The Webhook form should look like:
6. Click on the “Create” button.