There are a number of methods for exporting issues from the Applause platform to a third-party Bug Tracking System (BTS) like JIRA, Mantis or Bugzilla. In order to export bugs automatically or manually, BTS integration must be set up when creating or editing the Product associated with the test cycle.
This feature can be enabled/disabled when creating or editing a test cycle. (Step 3)
- Click Here to learn more on how to create a new test cycle.Click Here to learn more on how to edit an existing test cycle.
Remember to SAVE the test cycle after editing is completed.
Manual Export (Individual / Batch)
To export issues to your BTS:
1. Navigate to the Issue List page (either under the test cycle context, or under the global issues list)
2. Select individual or multiple issues bugs by clicking on the checkboxes to the left of each issue bug title in the list.
3. Click on the Actions menu, and select ‘Export…’.
4. In the opened Export Issues dialog, select “To My Bug Tracking System”, and click Export.
When an issue is set to be exported to a Bug Tracking System, the issue’s ‘Export’ field will be updated with the following possible values:
- Queued: Indicates that the issue is in the process of being exported. However, if this value seems ‘stuck’ on Queued, this indicates that either integration hasn’t been configured with a BTS, or, that there is a problem with the current configuration.
- <BTS ISSUE #> – SENT: Following a successful export, the corresponding BTS issue ID will be displayed allowing for easy look-up within the BTS, e.g., “ABC-123 – SENT”.
- Failed: The issue export was failed, due to either a configuration or a connection issue. You may fix the issue and retry to export.
For Jira connectors (only), the BTS ID will serve as a hyperlink, allowing you to open the Jira issue directly from the Applause Platform.
Learn more how to export issues to your BTS here.
Learn more how to integrate the Applause Platform with your Bug Tracking System here.