Integrating the Applause Platform with your Bug Tracking system (BTS) will boost efficiency of using test results collected through Applause services. In certain situations, however, such integration is not available. In addition, there may be cases where the integration is indeed properly set up, yet for specific issues you may choose to manually pass them into your BTS.
To help ensure downstream reporting is accurate and consistent, the manual update option will allow you to identify all exported issues, regardless if was done via the integration or manually.
Learn more how to export issues to your BTS here.
Learn more how to integrate the Applause Platform with your Bug Tracking System here.
To manually set the BTS ID:
1. Log in to the Applause Platform and navigate to the Issue Report page (within a test cycle context, or from a global list).
2. While in the Issue Report page, click on the Actions button, and select Mark Manually Exported to BTS.
3. In the opened Manual Export to BTS dialog, set the BTS Issue ID, and click Save.
Note that the Applause Platform will enforce unique BTS IDs across all issues reported on a specific product, regardless if were exported manually or through the integration.
As you will not be able to export the issue through the integration once marked as ‘Manually Exported’, you can un-mark it. You may also do this in case you need to correct a typed-in error.
- You can only set a bug as ‘manually exported’ if it wasn’t already exported through the BTS integrations.
- The BTS ID entered must be unique for the Product. This is enforced across all exported bugs, manually or automatically.
- You can un-mark a bug from manually exported (also use this if you need to correct the BTS ID manually entered).
- In cases where the 2-Way Jira Integration is set up and the manually-entered BTS ID is accurate, changes to the bug in Jira will be updated in ITW (Priority, Status, Target Version). Note that the BFV use case will NOT be supported for manually-exported bugs.