The Applause Platform supports integration with most of the leading off-the-shelf Bug Tracking Systems over standard connectors. But, since there are virtually hundreds of similar standard and in-house software solutions available, there is a chance your bug tracking tool may not be currently supported.
In that case, you may consider any of the following options to easily export issue information from the Applause Platform:
- Manual Export: The simplest option – yet probably the most labor demanding – is to manually export issues from the platform into an external file. Then, assuming it is supported by it, you may potentially upload the file to your bug tracking solution. Next to ad-hoc export options the Applause Platform also allows definition of ‘Export Templates’, allowing you to standardize the format and content of the exported file. Learn more about how to export issues to an external file here.
- Webhook: Using Webhook integration you can export issues reported within the Applause Platform to an endpoint reachable as an external URL. The integration requires your BTS to support such endpoint, as well return the appropriate responses. Last, communication between the Applause Platform and the endpoint must be enabled. Learn more about how to export issues to your BTS using Webhook here.
- Email: Using Email integration you can export issues reported within the Applause Platform to a predesignated mailbox as an email. The integration requires your BTS to support such mailbox and email processing, and the mailbox must be set up and maintained by you. Last, emails sent from the Applause Platform must be able to reach the mailbox. Learn more about how to export issues to your BTS using Email here.
- REST API: Using the Applause REST API 3rd party applications are able to perform many actions within the Applause Platform, including creation and activation of test cycles, and import of issues. Contact your Applause representative for further details.
Please note the following limitations applicable to all or most of the integration options we currently support:
- Note that only basic authentication is supported at this time (two-step authentication is not supported).
- Export is allowed for issues approved in the Applause platform. In other words, you cannot approve or reject Applause-discovered issues directly within your BTS interface.
- Two-way integration is currently supported only with Jira. thus for any other BTS comments or other updates made within your BTS will not push to or update the corresponding issue in the Applause Platform.