This tutorial is for migrating from Apphance Pre Production SDK 1.9.4 to Applause SDK 2.0.2. To make it work please follow these steps:
1) Recreate Product on sdk.applause.com or aph.applause.com
Users will need to re-create their products within the new SDK dashboard.
- Log into your Applause SDK account on http://sdk.applause.com (if using Applause Testing Services) or http://aph.applause.com (if NOT using Applause Testing Services).
- Click the ‘+Add New App’ button.
- Complete the new app creation wizard, and a new APP_KEY will be generated for you. You will use this new APP_KEY to replace your currently configured APP_KEY.
2) Remove Apphance Pre-Production References
- Remove Apphance-Pre-Production.framework from your project
3) Download, install and configure Applause SDK 2.x
- Download Applause SDK 2.1.2 and unzip it. You will see Applause.framework
- Drag & drop Applause.framework to your XCode project (the same way as you did with Apphance)
- Add CoreMotion.framework in “Project Navigation” -> “Build Phases” -> “Link Binary With Libraries” section
- If you have used “-force_load” or “-all_load” linker flags you can remove them. They are no longer needed.
4) Change Import Line
- Change import line (it should be in your *.pch file):
5) Change/Customize APHLogger Settings
- Wherever you used [APHLogger defaultSettings] change it to [APLLogger settings]
- Applause is now integrated with the Applause 360 App Quality Dashboard by default. If you don’t use Applause testing services, modify the default by calling:
[[APLLogger settings] setWithUTest:NO]
- Deprecated settings have been removed from Applause, so if you have used reportOnDoubleSlideEnabled, apphanceMode please remove those lines.
6) Modify addtional settings if required
- If you have used APHUncaughtExceptionHandler change it to APLUncaughtExceptionHandler
- Rename all APHLog usage to APLLog
- Rename all APHExtendedLog usage to APLExtendedLog
- (Optional) Customize target server URL. The default server is https://sdk.applause.com. If you are using the SDK in conjunction with Applause testing services, you can skip this step. If you are NOT using the SDK in conjunction with Applause testing services, you will need to target https://aph.applause.com. Add the below:
[[APLLogger settings] setServerURL:@”https://aph.applause.com”];