Applause has created a best-in-class automation framework based on popular open-source tools and technologies. Unlike most other frameworks that focus on either mobile OR web, the Applause automation framework supports native, mobile web, web, and hybrid applications. There are many other benefits that our framework provides:
- By implementing a locator and test data isolation pattern plus a page object design pattern, the framework is designed to minimize code duplication and keep maintenance to a minimum.
- When the framework executes the scripts, it returns objects of a page. Execution will halt until that object appears, making the execution more stable. In the case of a failure, the next object won’t load, and in the logs we can tell what happened.
- The framework keeps querying whether an element is present. It pauses if something can’t be found for a few milliseconds and then restarts the search for the element.
- The framework understands context and browser/device type, and loads the proper locator map [if on iOS, it knows to pull iOS locators].
- Our automation code never goes onto the devices.
- The framework allows for grouping by functional area, priority, component, feature, etc. so executing in a specific order can be accomplished.
- Because we already have the core framework built out, it is less expensive than designing and building out a new solution.